This is the camera I was hoping for when I was still shooting the D200

Still very tempting ...

Reshared post from +B and H

??? Save $100 Instantly! Nikon D600 Kit with 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens ??? http://bhpho.to/OitSzo (Expected Availability: September 19th 2012)

Also available for Pre-Order is the Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter providing full Wi-Fi connectivity for instant sharing straight from your D600! http://bhpho.to/Osq7Nw

Google+: View post on Google+

Post imported by Google+Blog. Created By Daniel Treadwell.

10 Responses to “This is the camera I was hoping for when I was still shooting the D200”

1. Just last month I finally upgraded from the D200 to the D800.  I imagine I would have bought this instead if I had the option at the time.  Still, I'm loving the D800.  What a difference!

· September 13, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

2. Joe Martin says:

I'm still shooting with my D200, when I find the time to shoot. I want a D800, but this may be a more realistic option.

· September 13, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

3. Danny Brown says:

David Hobby posted some specific reasons why this isn't a good camera for photographers who often use lighting: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2012/09/nikon-d600-think-twice-before-you-jump.html

· September 13, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

4. Rob I was contemplating the D800e before seeing this.  How do you think it compares (besides the pixel power)?   I'd like my next SLR to perform well in low light.  And I can't stand those little memory cards so that could be a deal breaker.

· September 14, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

5. I just read the article posted by Danny Brown.  If true, that makes up my mind.  I need high speed synch and pc plug in port.

· September 14, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

6. Matt Dawson says:

+Rob Sylvan I must admit I'm sorely tempted. My D90 has never quite been the same after I got it back from repair. I'll hold off for a while to give others some time to test it out for me and see how I feel then. Being a hobbyist means I should be able to live with the limitations others are less tolerant of.

· September 15, 2012 @ 2:25 am

7. John Roach says:

My D90 is still great for light travel and I need to master the D7000 and D700.  The new D800 and D600 will have to find other buyers.  They are not on my horizon…….and if that occurs in the future, there will probably be some other Nikon ready for consideration!  :)

· September 16, 2012 @ 12:58 pm

8. Rob Sylvan says:

Thanks for that link +Danny Brown. Nikon is positioning the D600 in new and territory and it is interesting to see where they draw the lines in the feature set to define that zone. I personally find the way they divvy up features/functions to be incredibly annoying (and all camera makers do it), but that is just how it goes. But I guess it also helps folks make their decisions, like +Kathryn Costello and +John Roach. :)

The D800 is a fantastic piece of equipment, but so is the D700 (which is my current fav). I'm still leaning heavily toward the D600 to see what it can do and to use it as an alternative to my D700, especially when shooting outdoors. I'll let you know what I think +Matt Dawson

· September 16, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

9. Matt Dawson says:

Thanks +Rob Sylvan. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

· September 17, 2012 @ 12:07 am

10. I'm renting a D600 to shoot An Evening With Champions (prof figure skating, fast action under very dim light.)  With my D300 I throw away at least 9 out of 10 images because ISO 800 is my preferred limit with that camera.  I'll let you know how it goes.

· September 17, 2012 @ 11:22 pm