Up until about 2 weeks ago I had been using (fairly happily) a Blackberry for the last few years. It was fine for a phone and email communication tool. Let's not discuss the camera. On 10/14 I lined up at my local Verizon store around 7am and walked out with my very first iPhone. I almost feel as though I have time travelled into a distant future. I can't believe how much I have fallen in love with this little slice of technology and all the things it can do so smoothly. One of the things I've been most impressed with is its camera. Granted, coming from a Blackberry the point and shoot I bought in 2001 looks fantastic, but be that as it may I haven't had this much fun snapping photos just for fun in long time.

After several recommendations from friends I picked up the most bomb-proof Otterbox case and it has already saved it from an accidental drop onto asphalt. Thanks for the recommendations! The coolest moment had to be when I used the Square app to take a credit card purchase last week. Super slick.

Using Siri has largely been an amusement, but I do have to say it has been handy for setting reminders when I am going to and fro and think of something that I want to do later, but know I will forget once I get where ever I am going. As the daylight hours are dwindling here in the northeast I have to say that using the InfinitLight app as a flashlight (via the LED flash) has been incredibly handy.

As for the phone part, the main reason I've stuck with the Blackberry all these years was the simple reason that I needed my phone to actually work as a phone. In my semi-rural area ATT just doesn't cut it, so I was stuck with Nextel as the only carrier with a strong signal at my house. Thankfully Verizon's coverage has finally made it out this way which opened the door to me getting an iPhone 4S. The signal isn't as strong as the Nextel signal, but I haven't dropped any calls (yet).

In album iPhone4s (10 photos)

Chickens never stop moving. SOOC

Google+: View post on Google+

Post imported by Google+Blog. Created By Daniel Treadwell.

5 Responses to “Up until about 2 weeks ago I had been using (fairly happily) a Blackberry for the…”

1. Oh yeah. I love my iPhone and could not live without it. And I rarely use it to make phone calls.

· October 26, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

2. I am jealous. I am a droid. :( I like my phone, don't get me wrong but sometimes I feel like I'm on my own lonely little island. bummer.

· October 26, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

3. Rob Sylvan says:

I almost went with the droid. By all accounts there are some truly excellent models to choose from, and my understanding is that the user base is much larger than iPhone, so you are not alone. :)

· October 26, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

4. Seems like pulling teeth to have customers move to Apple, but yet they always seem so happy to have done so. Maybe can I use you as a reference. Not that references seem to help me. People just seem to hate change.

· October 27, 2011 @ 3:05 am

5. Kathie Fife says:

I have a BB as well, and can't wait to upgrade this spring when my contract runs out. The shots folks are taking, like yours here, are amazing. Even the HDR shots are good quality. Great to have an iPhone with you when you are on the go, and still get a quality shot to share.

· October 28, 2011 @ 4:33 pm